This study is designed to assess the subjective audio quality of 3 electronic stethoscopes for use in the ICU environment. The goal is to understand what aspects of each stethoscope are preferred so a more ideal auscultation experience may be designed for future products.
Please follow these steps:
- IMPORTANT: Please listen to all of the audio files on this page before starting the Response Form. It will be easier to rank each of the 3 stethoscopes if you are familiar with their sound first.
- Click the blue-button at the bottom of this page to open the Response Form in a new browser tab.
- Enter your email in the Response Form, then click Next.
- Complete the questions that correspond to each audio file on the Response Form. You may return to this page to listen to the audio files as much as you like.
- Complete the exit questions.
- Submit your responses.
You will need at least 30 minutes to complete responses for all 9 audio files.
All recordings MUST be listened to using good quality HEADPHONES with good bass such as the Sony MDR-XB550. Do not listen with laptop or other speakers!
Each audio track has the following timeline:
Feel free to listen multiple times and complete the form while audio is playing in your headphones.
Thank you for participating!